Pages

Saturday, August 24, 2013

Essie The More The Merrier || Manicure Weekend

Green Nail Polish??

This particular colour is something that not everyone can pull off. I, personally, get scared when I see green nail polish. My skin colour definitely has yellow/olive undertones and I thought that green would make me look like I have jaundice (in most cases it does). I remember standing there picking it up and putting it back down over and over again. But this summer is all about taking chances and I decided to go for it. In the end, it landed in my basket.


The first swipe of the brush and I shivered. The green reminded me of something radioactive but I kept going. After the first layer, I was starting to get disappointed; it was super streaky and the colour payoff was so-so. But after the second layer, I was much happier with the results. I did a third coat on some of my nails just to get rid of the streaks. So, yes, you definitely will need at least two coats. Make sure you use a base coat! I forgot to layer on a base coat and now my nails are dyed green :( The colour almost reminds me of Kermit the Frog or the Sanrio character Keroppi. Personally, I think this is more of for the fingers and keep the toes away.


If you like loud colours and want to show it off, I would definitely recommend this colour for you. If you wanted to pair it up with an accent nail colour, go for a metallic like silver, gold or something with holographic shimmer. Today, I wore a black maxi skirt, black and white stripped tank, and a chambray button up shirt and the green just popped! But you can always mix in fun colours like pink, yellow, mints, etc.

Let me know, down below, what your favourite summer polish is!


Stay Beautiful!
- V

No comments:

Post a Comment