Pages

Friday, August 9, 2013

Butter London Champers || Manicure Weekend

Hello!

I'm back on schedule and (finally) posting up another edition of Manicure Weekend. I was starting to get tired of posting nail polish reviews and wanted to get back into nail art but people have been wanting me to continue with the reviews. I know it's Friday and it's technically not the weekend yet. It have a long day tomorrow and I don't think I will have time to post so I'm doing it now. Here it is!

Butter London's Champers is from their Summer Collection 2013. This year, their summer collection has bolder and deeper colours: warm earthy tones and metallics. First impressions, for me, was almost a 'meh' feeling; I always like summer collections that are filled with bright colours. This colour palette, in my opinion, is more fitting for the autumn. I'm not saying that I don't like the collections but, personally, it was a little bit odd.

It didn't take me long to pick a colour that I wanted from this collection. I've been looking for a shimmery rose gold nail polish for a very long time and Champers' the perfect colour! Most of my shimmer/glitter polishes consists of a clear polish with glitter/shimmer pieces. This one, on the other hand, is a true solid metallic colour with multicoloured microglitter and it almost gives off a holographic look. I have seen other rose gold polishes but the finished looks sometimes turn into more of a copper tone and that was definitely not what I want in a rose gold polish. I'm very happy about the colour!


You'll only need two coats for good coverage but add the third to get it really opaque. The texture of the polish is smooth when applying it. Lot of polishes that I've tried that has glitter in them, I find them to be super thick or chunk. But, with the help of a very good application brush, Champers' had no clumps. And after a quick dry, the finishing of the polish is semi- glossy and doesn't feel grainy. Make sure you apply a top coat because, for some reason, it likes to chip.

This polish is a great neutral on its own or it would be an awesome accent colour when paired up with pastels, like mint or lilac, or bolder colours, like reds and blacks. I may try a colour combination later on with Butter London's Molly-Coddled or Sally Hansen's Mint Sorbet 340.

I love this colour, I love this colour, I love this colour! I will wear this all the time if I had to pick one colour. But it comes with a price; it take forever to take it off. My opinions of why: 1) some of my nails needs three coats to get the right consistency 2) it's a metallic which means glitter which means harder to take off. After giving my nails a good scrub with several cotton pads and remover, I finally was able to take it all off and let my nails breath!



There's my review! I hope you enjoyed this quick read. I just came back from a weekend getaway with my family and it got some amazing photos coming up! It has nothing to do with beauty products or food but I'm still going to post :)


Stay Beautiful!
- V

No comments:

Post a Comment