Pages

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Deception Pass Weekend || Travel

Hi Everyone!

I've been wanting to post up these pictures for weeks but was never able to edit them fast enough. After weeks of editing (and procrastinating) they are finally done! My family and I went south of the border and camped at Deception Pass State Park in the beautiful state of Washington. My parents and sister have never seen that area before but I have. A former roommate (who just became an Airmen) use to live in Coupeville, WA, which is just pass Deception Pass. The state park that we stayed at was absolutely amazing -- so many trees!

One of the highlights of the trip was watching the sun go down. Our first attempt to watch the sunset was (almost) a failure. We were late heading out to the beach and, as we were walking down, the sun began to set. Their was a small body of water by the road that we were walking down and the reflections were so clear! I wasn't able to capture a lot of it because we pretty much ran to see if we could chat it. By the time we were at the beach, the sun had pretty much set. But we were still able to witness the cotton candy pink skies. Oh, I had also forgotten my telephoto lens back at camp :(










We really wanted to see the sun physically dip under the horizon; we went down to the beach, for the second time, and I was able to capture some amazing shots of the sun. We drove down this time, and I had my telephoto lens! There were so many people on the beach that evening. Campers were parked all across the parking lot and families had already set up their lawn chairs waiting for the sun to go down. We were lucky enough to find a vacant picnic table to sit at! The sunset was gorgeous: the warm hues of yellows and reds gave me the fuzzies! And by the time the sun was about to set, two planes flew by (an air base is just another 15 minute drive from the state park) and you could clearly see their flight paths. Here are just a few of them.








The morning that we packed up was foggy! But that didn't stop us from stopping at Deception Pass to snap a few photos of their beautiful view of the Puget Sound and Juan de Fuca Strait. We were hoping that it would clear up but that didn't happen; it was super foggy to the point where you couldn't see the bottom when looking down from the bridge. But I was able to shoot a few pictures of the bridge.







I took a lot more photos during the weekend with my family but I'm not sure how appreciative they would be if they ever saw themselves up on my blog :)


Happy Travels!
- V

1 comment: