Pages

Saturday, August 24, 2013

Collective Summer Beauty Haul || Beauty Treat

Hello guys!

I've been meaning to do this for awhile now. FIRST HAUL POST! This is a collection of all the things that I've gotten over the whole summer that are beauty related: hair products, make up, body products, etc. Most of the things below are drugstore items but I did pick up a few things from Sephora. I unfortunately don't have the prices for each product. If you want me to post prices on my next haul (which is probably going to be in the fall sometime) then let me know down in the comments section. I do, however, know where I bought them from :)



Walmart

Essie Polishes: I love me some nail polish. Every time I'm at Walmart, I have to check out their nail polish selections. I decided to go out of my comfort zone and picked out some risky colours. I already review Bikini So Teeny awhile back and I love it. The next two are from 2013 collections. From the Summer 2013, I picked out The More The Merrier; it's bright almost neon yellow-green and definitely reminds of summer. From the Neons 2013, I got Shake Your $$ Maker and I almost returned it but I'm glad I didn't. It's not your typical neon highlighter green but more of emerald green. I don't know if I would use this during the summer but I'm definitely going to use this up during the Christmas season. I also picked up Essie's Millionails; I was running out of my nail strengthener and decided to give this a try.


Freeman Facial Masks: I already own two of Freeman's Facial Masks. I decided to get these travel size mask to test out the different forumals. I got an anti-stress mask in Dead Sea Minerals, purifying Clay Mask in Açai, and clay masks in Mint and Lemon and Avocado and Oatmeal. I'm most excited for the avocado and oatmeal because I've read reviews that both of these ingredients are really good for those who have sensitive skin. I'll be doing a separate product review post on these masks.


Simple Face Wipes and Cleanser: I first found out about this UK brand through Youtuber Ingrid Nilson or popularly known as missglamorazzi. I've been following her for a long time and she introduced her audience to Simple's cleansing wipes. I'm not particularly fond of shortcuts when it comes to skincare but I had to give this a shot and I LOVE THEM! I wasn't sure if they sold them up in Canada; I was down in the States and found the wipes in a local Walmart. I was camping during this time and I used them during the entire trip and it left my skin squeaky clean. I eventually found out that Simple had their products up in Canada. I found a coupon for their products the other day; I bought the exfoliating cleanser and got another package of wipes for FREE!


Rimmel Lipstick: Jen from From Head to Toe introduced the Lasting Finish Matte by Kate Moss in her back-to-school video and I was very intrigued. I had to just boughten Urban Decay lipstick and wasn't thinking of getting another one. But then I remembered I had a coupon for any Rimmel product! I headed straight for the Rimmel Lipstick and was able to find a colour liked. I picked up the colour 109 and it's a really nice coral almost orange lipstick. I think this would be a very flattering hue on any skin colour. Jen is so right when it comes to this lipstick; a creamy formula and leaves a nice matte finish that doesn't dry out super fast. One funny thing about this lipstick: it smells fruity! Lots of lipsticks that I own have this really weird 'plastic' smell but this one smells almost like candy. More the reason to wear this over and over again.



Real Canadian Superstore

Hawaiian Tropic Sun Care Package: Sun Sun Sun! The top thing that everyone is looking forward to during the summer season. But with the sun comes sun burns. I'm lucky enough to not burn as badly as other people but I still tan like crazy. Even though you don't burn, you still need to slap on that sunscreen to protect your skin from harmful UV rays. I love the Hawaiian Tropic line; I'm all for tropical coconut smell and their formula isn't greasy. And the aftercare not only smells amazing but it's also very soothing especially when you've been out in the sun all day. I got this box package at the beginning of the summer season and I was surprised to see so much product for just $30! The set included full sized Silk Hydration Sunscreen SPF 30, Silk Hydration Aftersun Care, small travel sizes in the same sunscreen and aftersun, and four razors that are Hawaiian Tropic scented. Good deal right?


Maybelline Colour Tattoo: This is another finding from Ingrid's channel! If you're someone who doesn't like to put on a lot of makeup but still want your eyes to stand out, you have to get this product! There are a whole bunch of different colours but I decided to be boring and stayed in the neutral family. I got the colour Bad to the Bronze since Ingrid recommended this colour several times. I love this colour! It looks bronze in the pot but once you but it on it's more of a rose gold colour but not yet copper. It's a cream based shadow and, therefore, you can also use this as a tinted primer! Highly recommend it.



London Drugs

Sally Hansen Salon Effects Nail Polish Strips: This is my first time purchasing these puppies. I've seen my friends use them and they said that it's easy to apply and it lasts longer than the recommended 10 days. I am going on a trip in Spring 2014 and I thought it would be a good idea to bring a set of these along with me. That way I don't have to worry about nail polish leaking everywhere. I got greedy and bought two sets :( 410 Love Letter is a white based strip with black cursive writing on it and I'm assuming that what is written on these strips are love related. The second one that I bought is the one that I'm bringing along with me on my trip (hint hint). 01 Don't Be Koi is a really funky design with black outlined fish scales with red koi fish. Cross your fingers that I don't screw up :)


Batiste Dry Shampoo: I've been looking for a good dry shampoo and I finally found something that I like. Listening to my hairdresser, I've been a good girl and washing my hair every other day but sometimes my hair feels greasy. I've tried Bumble and Bumble but it leaves my hair feeling semi-tacky and my hair ends up tangling. I was walking through the hair product aisle when I spotted Batiste's line of dry shampoo. Literally the day after buying it, I tried it out and it's magic! The powder formula definitely takes the grease out of the hair - leaving your hair shiny and a bit of volume. It comes in several different scents and I ended up choosing the tropical scent (mmm coconut).


TRESemmé Hair Protectant: I've seen multiple youtubers use TRESemmé's Thermal Creations protectant and it works wonders. I've been getting less split ends since switching to this and my hair feels healthier when straighten or curl. Some protectants smell funky when heat is applied but no smell from this guy. Affordable and it works!


Gilettte Satin Care Shave Gel: Anyone like passion fruit? I usually go for the sensitive skin but they had a ran out of stock. I saw that they had a new line of shave gels and decided to try Passionista Fruit and oh does it smell good. You just need a little bit of gel to get a whole bunch of foam. If you are a newbie to shaving and you want to start off with something works and smells good, I would say go for this one.



Sephora

Yves Saint Laurent Eau de Parfum: I usually spray on a light body mist in the morning before I go out for the day. But with the crazy summer we've been having in Vancouver, I definitely needed to care something on the go. I've been wanting a YSL EDP for a very long time and finally had a the guts to get one. My first whiff of Parisienne was heavenly; I thought it smelt like lychee fruit but I was completely wrong. It's primary scents are blackberry, rose and sandalwood; a crazy combination of the fruity, floral and woody and, somehow, it fits perfectly together. Tempted to get the full size. I will have to say this is more of a spring/summer scent and I may not wear it during the colder seasons.


Philosophy Face Cleanser: Months ago, I used up some of my BeautyInsider Points to get the sample version of Philosophy's Purity Made Simple face cleanser and it was pretty good. I used it all up and I love it so much I had to get the big version. It's a all-in-one formula that removes (most of) your makeup, cleanses and tones your skin. It's gentle to the skin but it gets rid of the gunk; I would recommend taking another go at your eyes with makeup remover because this cleanser does not like waterproof mascara.


Urban Decay Lip Products: Urban Decay recently came out with a new line of lipstick called Revolution Lipstick. It took me forever to choose a colour; the top of my hand had swatches of every colour. I never had a classic red lipstick before the colour F-bomb is definitely that and more. Not like other lipsticks, UD's lipstick glides on with easy and leaves a creamy finish. I paired F-bomb with their 24/7 Glide-on Lip Pencil in 69 (slightly lighter in colour) since they don't make one in F-bomb. Left side of swatch is just F-bomb and the right side is with 69 underneath.



Benefit Bronzer: Bronzers are always tricky; you don't want anything that will make you look like you went for a spray tan or anything too shimmery. Benefit's Hoola is a perfect matte bronzer that gives you that sun-kissed look that you want for the summer. I love that they included a brush but I'm, personally, against the cardboard packaging. I'm going to destroy the box.


Deborah Lippman Nail Polish: FREEBIE! I've been saving up my BeautyInsider points for something that I really really really want and finally it appeared! I've been waiting for a Deborah Lippman polish to become a freebie for the longest time. Happy Birthday is a clear polish with big chunks of multicoloured glitter. I haven't used it yet but I think it's look great on top of black or hot pink nails.



Funk 'N' Frost Beauty Bar

NYX concealer: Concealer is one of my best friends in my makeup collection; i've got huge dark circles under my eyes and if I don't cover it up, I can be mistaken as a zombie. NYX only has limited array of colours and I ended up buy two shades ( and ) and have to do some mixing to get the right colour.


Butter London Polish: I did a review on this polish but I'll go over it quickly. Starting to really love rose gold tones and this was colour that I hadn't seen yet. Picked it up, tried it, loved it - here is what I thought about it.



Bath and Body Works

Nail files: Since I started doing my polish reviews and nail art, I've been cleaning up my nails like crazy and filing my nails are a must in the grooming process. The ones I usually get are the standard files but I always wanted one for my purse. Whenever I go shopping, I someone how break a nail and it's so irritating to have a chipped nail. I found these cute fox files and they are a perfect size to quickly throw into my purse.


Body Lotion Hand Cream Duo: I work with kids at an elementary school and that means lots of hand washing. And when there is hand washing, dry hands become the result. I wanted something that was hydrating and non-greasy. BBW's Fresh Picked Wild Mint Hard Working Hand and Body Cream did what it says it would do. It's not too thick and yet it moisturizes; just give it some time to dry out :) And the mint! It's not like toothpaste minty but more of a sweet mint...mmm!



Whoo...all finished! That was a lot for one blog. I hope your eyes aren't all crossed by now :) Hope this helped you guys on some of the products that you may have an eye on.  Oh - what's been your favourite summer find? Comment below!

For those who are going back to school in the Fall, hope you all had an amazing summer break and spend your last week wisely. For those who aren't on vacation and reading this right now....hope you are reading this while you're working :)


Stay Beautiful!
- V

No comments:

Post a Comment