Pages

Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Maybelline Babylips Swatch || Product Review

I am in love with Babylips! When Maybelline came out with these, people went crazy over them and I can see why! If you are looking for a tinted lip balm, this is a good and an inexpensive solution. I first bought two from the original collection. I thought I was set until Maybelline came out with a limited edition line and bought two of those. I wish I had bought the rest of the limited editions because the colours are so much better than the original line. Now, the product has been out on the market for quite awhile and my review is a bit (more like way) behind. But I might as well.



Just to give you general idea of Babylips. The product comes in a tube packaging and comes out like a normal lip balm or lipstick (twist bottom). I love my lip balms and lips salves because of its hydrating properties. On the packaging, it says that your lips with stay hydrated up to 8 hours. I say it will last 6 hrs and you will need to re-apply. Now lets go to the reason why I really love babylips! When I go out, I want to layer on a colour and sometimes my lipstick just slides right off when I layer it over my balms. When I discovered the Babylips, I was so excited! No more fussing over lipstick (I still use lipstick occasionally) and now I just carry this with me! 

First, from the original collection, is Peach Kiss. I have a couple of friends who have this on hand and I thought it would be nice neutral to have. I can't say that I'm disappointed, but I will say that it's not my favorite. It does have some colour but it's quite sheer and it really just gives a nice sheen to your lips. Now, on the opposite side of the spectrum -- Pink Punch! And punch is right; it's a bright hot pink colour and will definitely give your whole look a burst of colour. I wasn't expecting it to be so bright but after using it a few times, I got use to the colour. It's not as sheer as Peach Kiss and and gives you a good amount of colour but it's not as intense as lipstick (which I like).



Now from the limited edition line. First -- Yummy Plummy is a must in my purse and I always make sure I have it with me. It's not quite purple but more of a mauve with a pink undertone. This is a great neutral with a slight splash of colour. The last one that I have is Melon Mania. Right of the bat, I was a little scare of this colour; the hue of Melon Mania looked brighter in the tube than Pink Punch. After applying it, I was surprised to see how sheer it was compared to Pink Punch. If you are looking for a touch of pink, this is the one you should go for. Out of the four Babylips, I definitely use the limited edition colours more.Now when I say limited edition, I mean you can't find it in stores anymore. If you hop over to Amazon, you can find people that are selling the full limited edition line! But keep your eyes peeled; you never know if they will hit the shelves again!




Hope you like this quick review! I've got a whole list of posts that I want to do and now that I'm not working as much, I hope to post more often! There will definitely be a Manicure weekend coming thi week!


Stay Beautiful!
- V

No comments:

Post a Comment