Pages

Sunday, June 2, 2013

Revlon Provence and Sally Hansen Strobe Light || Manicure Weekend

Hi Peeps,

It's June!!! The sun is starting to come out; it is time to dust off your sandals and bring out the shorts! I've been looking at the colour trends for this summer and it's all about the brights and neons. I've been looking at my collection and my colours are all dark or pastels (sad face). So in the next few weeks, I might just pick up some crazy colours for the summer. So stay tuned for that!

Today, I'm featuring two nail polishes: Revlon's Provence (040) and Sally Hansen's Hard As Nails Xtreme Strobe Light (002). I love this combination and is my go-to.


I am a huge fan of Revlon's colorstay series and I have a few different colours from them. Here are just a few reasons why. First their range of colours is amazing; they got the dark hues to the pastels to the brights and neons. So if you are looking for any colour, they have a good range of them. Secondly is their applicator; it collects a good amount of polish and it's easy to control when applying. The brush also fans out when applying and it gives a good even coat. Thirdly is the formula. Everyone loves a good smooth formula; I always have trouble with drugstore brands and having a 'goopey' consistency. Revlon did a great job with their colorstay line; it's thick enough to only need two coats and dries quickly. And lastly is the longevity. I usually need to apply a new colour every 3-4 days but not with this line - I can go without a fix for about 5-6 days (it may chip here and there)! Provence is a really nice lavender (not lilac) shade - soft and feminine and can match with almost any outfit.

I won't say much about the Strobe Light. It's a Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear polish: decently price and not a bad starter nail polish brand. This one's got pink and holographic like glitter and I usually just add a few coats on top of my base colour. You can definitely layer it up and get a nice solid accent nail of glitter. I usually don't do it because (a) I'm lazy and (b) glitter is a pain to take off.


What's your favourite summer polish? Comment below!
Let me know what you want from me. Sometimes I get stuck on what to post next.


Stay Beautiful
- V

No comments:

Post a Comment