Pages

Saturday, June 15, 2013

Maybelline Colorshow Sweet Clementine and Coral Crush || Manicure Weekend

Happy Saturday Everyone!

Sorry for not posting this past week :( It was a super busy week and last weekend I went out with some good girl friends and did a mini-retreat at the Fairmont Vancouver Hotel. I thought about a post about it but I decided not to since it was a retreat and not a vacation. It's June and I got a week and a half left before my summer vacation begins (pros to working at an elementary school)! I'm definitely hoping to post more next month. Okay enough on the update. Here's this week's colour choices!

Side Note: Excuse the short nails. I had the bad case of nail biting when I was watching the finale of Top Chef Canada. Boo to short nails! Back to the review :)

I usually like to have one colour for all my nails and maybe the odd time where I do some nail art. But recently, I've been really loving the accent nail! This week, I got two colours from Maybelline's Colorshow Nail Laquer series. My main colour is 210 Sweet Clementine and the accent colour is 190 Coral Crush. Like I said in my last, neons are great for the summer and I really needed to get started on reviewing the neons that I currently own.


I have a few polishes from the Colorshow series and overall I'm quiet satisfied with them. #1 reason why I got them was because they were so cheap! I picked them up at Walmart for just a few bucks. #2 reason I went for this series is their range of colours. Even though they just started this series not too long ago (maybe a year), they have a huge variety of colours from neons, nudes, pastels, etc. They first started off with the standard polish finish but then came out with amazing finishes - creams, denims, metallics, and shredded. I just looked at Maybelline's website and looked up my colours just to see what they look like online. Do not be fooled! Both of the Sweet Clementine and Coral Crushes are neons but the website did not do justice; both of them looked more like pastels than neons. I would go to a drugstore of supermarket to stock up instead of buying online.

Moving on! For both of these colours, I needed at least 3 coats for a non-streaky finish. Dry time between coats is just a few minutes. Make sure you get that top coat on because it will definitely chip (even though they advertise that it is chip-resistant).


Alright that's it from me! Make sure you leave a comment! I want to know what you guys want from me!


Stay Beautiful!
-V

No comments:

Post a Comment