Pages

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Nails Inc. Ice Cream and Sprinkle Collection Part 2 || Manicure Weekend

Hi Everyone!

Sorry for skipping another week. I'm sooooo bad at keeping on top of things! Like I promised, here is part deux of Nails Inc. Ice Cream and Sprinkle Collection.

I've got on Ladbroke Square on for this week. Even though I was attracted to all three colours in this set, Ladbroke Square was what caught my eye. I'm not a huge fan of nail varnishes that have chunky glitter or anything that is too over the top. But I think it was the combination of the minty blue and the coordinating coloured sparkles. Mint greens and blues are the huge colours for spring/summer this year and I thought I would give this a try.


I love the base colour. It's a vibrant mint blue is not too loud but gives a punch of colour to any outfit. I like the colour choices for the glitter particles. Unfortunatly, not a big fan of how chunky the gliftter is. When I do get glitter nail varnishes, I tend to go towards the micro glitters or ones that are majority microglitter with a bit of "normal" sized particles. This colour is great as an accent colour and works well with both Upper Regent Street (Chocolate Brown) and Charing Crossroad (Pastel Pink). I can't say I hate it, but it's not a favourite.


The formula that came out of the bottle has a different consistancy when comparing two the other two solid shades. I think this is because of the glitter; making it goopy and thick. I really had to take off the excess varnish from the applicator just to make sure I don't get a thick layer of it (or it would never dry.) I applied two thin coats and this way I got the right opaqueness and a nice even coat of the glitter.

This colour is definitely for those who loves colour and the glitz. If Nails Inc. comes out with a full version of Ladbroke Square, I don't think I would purchase it. I'll stick with my tiny version.

Next week (cross your fingers) is the last colour out of the trio :)

Stay Beautiful
- V

No comments:

Post a Comment