Pages

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Liese Bubble Hair Colour || Product Review

Time to re-dye my hair! The last time this was done was maybe in October and I can definitely see my natural hair color near the roots. So I thought it would be fun to do a quick product review.

I use to use the normal drugstore dyes like herbal essence or l'oreal. But I found that they didn't take to my hair when it came to color -- that's because my hair is naturally dark. So by the time I was done waiting for the dye to set, the color never change. But then I found the solution: Liese Bubble Hair Colour! Bubz from Bubzbeauty did a tutorial on how she dyed her hair and I loved her results! After this, I decided to try this product out. This dye is really hard to find, here in Vancouver, and if you do find it, it's pretty expensive. But I was lucky -- I knew a few people that were heading to Hong Kong and they helped me out  :) I've used several colours from this line and, every single time, it's turned out great! Easy to use, easy to clean up, it didn't stain my scalp (the worst), and the results are amazing!

Here's the quick info burst!

Where is it made? Product of Japan
How much did it cost me? $120HK - $140HK (roughly $15-20 CDN) per box.
Easy to use? The instruction sheet is super simple (has pictures to follow if you're not the reading type). The instructions comes in English, Chinese, and Japanese.
Some great things to mention:
It's foaming! I've used dyes which were in liquid form and the only way I was able to dye my hair with that was to get someone to help me. With the foaming formula, you can use it like shampoo! Another plus to this is that it doesn't dye my scalp as much as other dyes I've used. This works much better for dark hair; I'm guessing that it's made for asian hair (darker color).

What's in the box?
- instructions
- 1 bottle of dye (2 components)
- 1 pump
- 1 package of nourishing hair aftercare
- latex gloves




Things you will need
- 1 box of Liese Bubble Hair Colour (2 boxes if you have really long hair or just a lot of hair)
- a shirt that you don't care for
- clips (to hold up layers)


Before shot! Excuse my hair (morning hair)!
(Last dye used: Lieole Bubble Hair Colour "Platinum Beige")

Super Easy Steps!
  1. Wash your hair the night before and let it naturally dye.
  2. The next day, you can dye your hair. Just follow the instructions on how to mix it. Section off your hair into layers (I only needed three layers). Use as much of it as your hair allows. Refer to the link above to watch Bubz do if you need some visuals.
  3. Let the dye sit for 30mins. The package said up to 30mins, but I left mine in for a tad bit longer just because my roots were so dark. Watch a movie or a tv show. 
  4. Rinse, shampoo twice, and condition. I would suggest using a shampoo and conditioner that is specifically for coloured hair. This insures longer lasting colour. Right now I'm just using Herbal Essence's "Colour Me Happy" in shampoo and "Hello Hydration" in conditioner.
  5. Apply nourishing hair aftercare. You only need a little bit (around the size of a quarter).
And Voila!


Sorry for the "pixelly" quality. Shot with my android.
Colour "Milk Tea Brown"


2 comments:

  1. Hi there!

    Have you ever tried Chiffon Beige? I'm trying to decide between Chiffon Beige and Milk Tea Brown and it would be great to get your input on which one is better!

    I prefer colors that turn our less red.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I am so sorry for the late reply. I have tried the chiffon beige.
      Chiffon beige on my hair (naturally dark brown) turned out to be an ash like brown. if you want something with red undertone then definitely go for the milk tea brown or the marshmallow brown. Hope this helps.
      - V

      Delete