Pages

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Bunnies and Mini Eggs || Nail Art

Happy Easter everyone! I wanted to post this one up yesterday night but ended up having to do a favor for my mom. So I know today is Easter and this is an easter nail tutorial but I think you can still wear this even when it's not Easter. Super easy to do and lots of fun! A couple of my favorite youtubers did some nail tutorials based on Easter themes! At first I was just going to do one of them but then I decided to mix and match.

Michelle Phan's Easter Nails
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XRq7kz8JKbA&feature=g-u-u&context=G25e4913FUAAAAPAACAA

Cutepolish's Bunny Nails
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHBGYuM-vYk&feature=g-u-u&context=G234622bFUAAAAWgALAA

BubzBeauty's Pastel Bunny Nails
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmB9BzmObGY&feature=g-u-u&context=G28e88c3FUAAAAAAAGAA


Here's my first attempt and I wore them for a few days. Got a whole bunch of positive comments!



I thought they weren't too bad but i found it was hard to match my outfits. So I decided to redo them. Alright here we go!

Colours used:

OPI Heart Throb (Light Bubble Gum Pink)
OPI Alpine Snow (White)
Sally Hansen Sheer Me Now (Light Nude/Peach)
Sally Hansen Raven (Black)
OPI Base Coat and Top Coat

1. Apply Base Coat.

2. Apply pink to thumb, middle, and pinky finger. Apply nude to ring finger. I had to apply a good three - four coats to get it to a solid shade. On the pointer finger, paint tip of nail with a curved edge (the head) and two ears with the white. I used a really thin tipped paintbrush to get the ears like that. Let dry.


3. With a nail art tool or a bobby pin, draw in your dots on the nude nail (pink polka dots) and all the pink nails (white polka dots). They can be as big or as small as you want them to be. For the bunny, use a nail art tool/bobby pink/paintbrush to paint the insides of the ears and the nose with the same pink. Use black nail polish for it's two eyes.



4. Apply Top Coat and you're done!



I hope you guys try this out -- just takes some time and patience :)

Remember, Easter isn't just about the chocolate eggs and the bunnies. This is the day when Jesus Christ rose from the dead to fulfill the promise that God had made. Christ is risen! He is risen indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment