Pages

Saturday, October 12, 2013

Nicole by OPI Selena || Manicure Weekend

Happy October everyone!

Fall is finally here! Loving the crisp morning air and the leaves that are starting to change colours. It's been a busy past month; back working at the school and volunteering more at the church has really limited my time to do some of things that I enjoy which includes this blog. Been thinking about all the different things I could be posting but never having the time to do it has been a bummer. At least I haven't forgotten about you guys :)

I was perusing through the aisles of Walmart the other day and I had to go to the make-up section just to see if there was anything new and exciting. I wanted to see if Essie's new fall line had arrived in stores but, unfortunately, none of it was on the shelves. Maybe they had already sold out? Anyways, I was about to leave when I spotted the Selena Gomez OPI line. They were discounted and I held myself back and only chose one. It was an easy choice; I wanted an almost-salmon shade and Selena was just that!



The colour in the bottle already caught my attention but when I applied the first layer on my nails, I was in love with it. I'm not much of a pink person but this was right up my alley. It's a really nice peachy pink and it just adds that touch of sweetness to any outfit. And it you look really closely, you can find tiny specks of sparkle. This is definitely more suitable for the spring/summer but if you want something to brighten up your outfit, this would be the colour.


The polish isn't too thick but not runny; it glides on beautifully. My only problem with it is the brush. I like to have longer bristles on my applicators and the ones on the Nicole by OPI is stubby. But how the bristles fans when applying the polish eliminates my negative feelings towards the stubbiness. I had to apply three-four coats in order to get a semi-solid coat; it turned out to be a little streaky but it's not too noticeable. However, good thing is that I didn't have to wait long for each layer to dry! Overall, I'm happy with it.

And that's a wrap! I have a few go-to fall colours and I will, hopefully, start reviewing them soon!
Looking forward to getting started on this blog again!


Stay Beautiful!
- V

No comments:

Post a Comment